Tuesday 9 October 2012

What certificate?

The age certificate I would like to give my film/trailer will be a 15. I was debating a 18 but then I would want 16/17 year olds to watch it so if I did a 18 they wouldn't. This means I can include
  • Strong violence
  • Frequent language
  • Nudity
  • Brief scenes of sexual violence or verbal references to sexual violence
Just because I am choosing a 15 that doesn't mean I need to use all of these things but this is the extent I can go to which i'm happy with as my genre of film will need to include some of these things.

The reason my film will be a 15 as I will have scenes of violence and abusive words as it reflects my genre and the storyline / plot.

Looking at other films for inspiration I have noticed there 15 or 18, no lower. It depends if you want it quite explicit or dramatic such as scenes of violence. Taken is a 15 with scenes of violence and some nudity which is what I want to follow. It's not just for purposes I would also like to show teenagers and open a wider audience so it can raise awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment