Thursday 11 April 2013

Magazine Covers







This was a post I had saved and forgotten to publish.

This is a quick post on magazine covers to give me inspirtation for my Ancillary task. Looking at these covers most of the images are set directly in the centre of the magazine to catch the readers attention. Usually a colour scheme is used for example the Justin Beiber front cover is red green and white. I think I will take this on board and use a colour scheme as it seems to stand out more but look more effective as it links nicely together. The first magazine cover uses this also with black and pink but uses a lot of text making the front cover seem quite caotic but I like the way the important words or phrases are highlighted bold or are bigger so they stand out against everything. But for a magazine cover like Elle, different styles will always be used as it makes it seem more creative and girly. The Celebritys names Drew and Justin on the first two magazine covers are next to the picture of them and in big font to make them stand out so I will take this into account and do it with my film name. The last cover is Vogue. It's really different to the others as it has very little text yet seems really eye catching because of the image and the yellow background as they combine well together. I don't want to use lots of text on my magazine cover as for a magazine company I dont feel it needs too and sometimes can take away the attention from the main meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment