Saturday 9 March 2013

Representation

As I chose my film to be a 15 I think representation is really important.

The representation of gender is really apparent in this film. I used a male protagonist to be the kidnapper as stereotypically that is what happens in the real media. I used certain camera types such as a high angle following him as he is walking to make him seem more intimidating and then with the female: close ups such as on her face to show fear.

Another type of representation is class/social status. My storyline is about tiger kidnapping and he kidnaps for money as he lost everything in a fire. I show this by using transitions throughout the film of facts about tiger kidnapping so the audience know what it's about and get some general knowledge about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment